Llandudno UDC started to operate motor buses following the granting of powers to operate motorbuses in March 1928. On the 30 July 1928, the first service commenced around the Great Orme headland on Marine Drive . The initial fleet consisted of a Dennis G and a Guy, toastrack open sided buses both liveried in maroon and seating 20 and 18 respectively. During the next two year the fleet was increased by four additional toastrack vehicles.
The Builder Street West garage was opened in 1928 as their base.
This tourist route remained the operators sole route until 1950, when an additional circuler service was introduced running from Prince Edward Square travelling via the Little Orme and Gloddaeth Woods to Llanrhos, and returning via the West Shore. The following year, a further service to St. Tudno's Church on the Great Orme commenced. During the 1950´s the fleet reached its maximum of seventeen vehicles, and the livery was modified to maroon and cream. In 1968 two Dennis Pax vehicles were delivered and heralded a change in livery to dark blue and cream and these where locally described as "prison buses" due to their utility appearance and colour scheme.
On 1st April 1974 Llandudno UDC became part of the new Aberconwy District Council in the county of Gwynedd. All the bus services and vehicles, including the Great Orme Tramway were transferred to the new authority, marking the end of Llandudno UDC as an independent municipal operator.
The complete Llandudno UDC fleet was as follows:
CC8222 Dennis G with Roberts Toastrack 20 seat body new 1928
CC8223 Guy OND with Roberts toastrack 18 seat body new 1928
CC8670 Dennis G with Roberts toastrack 20 seat body new 1929
CC8671 Dennis G with Roberts toastrack 20 seat body new 1929
CC9305 Dennis GL with Roberst toastrack 20 seat body new 1930
CC9424 Dennis GL with Roberts toastrack 20 seat body new 1930
JC2772 Guy Wolf with Guy B20F body new 1935
JC4557 Commer PN3 with Waveney B20F body new in 1937
JC5313 Guy Wolf with Waveney B20F body new in 1938
JC8344 Guy Wolf with Barnard B21F body new in 1948
JC9735 Guy Wolf with Barnard B21F body new in 1949
JC9736 Guy Wolf with Barnard B21F body new in 1949
AJC 91 Foden PVSC6 with Metalcraft FB31F body new in 1951
AJC 92 Foden PVSC6 with Metalcraft FB31F body new in 1951
AJC 550 Guy Wolf with Metalcraft B24F body new in 1951
AJC 551 Guy Wolf with Metalcraft B24F body new in 1951
AJC 552 Guy Wolf with Metalcraft B24F body new in 1951
CCC 596 Guy Otter with Roe B25F body new in 1954
CCC 597 Guy Otter with Roe B25F body new in 1954
FJC 736F Dennis Pax with Dennis B33F body new in 1968
FJC 737F Dennis Pax with Dennis B33F body new in 1968
KCC 782P Bedford SB5 with Willowbrook body
KCC783P Bedford SB5 with Willowbrook body
YPH 760J Bedford VAS5 with Duple Vista 25 body
GJH249L Bedford VAS5 with Duple Vista 25 body
NPF650W Bedford VAS5 with Duple Dominant body
TPF 12X Bedford VAS5 with Plaxton Supreme IV body
A609 XFM Bedford VAS5 with Plaxton Supreme IV body