This small motor bus company was started by two brothers , AE & FR Brewer who jointly owned a farming business in the Upper Llynfi area near the mining village of Caerau. It was their practice to give neighbours and friends lifts on their regular journeys to Maesteg and on 16th February 1920 they introduced a regular bus link and printed a timetable.
As housing developement around Caerau down the Llynfi valley continued to grow and accordingly more buses were required. Service schedules grew steadily to Maesteg and later to Bridgend where a new industrial Estate was being developed. The Bridgend service was sold to South Wales Commercial Motors, later to become Western Welsh in 1924.
The partnership became a Limited company in 1974 controlled by the Brewer family, sadly Mr AE Bewer died two years later in 1976, and his share of the business passed to his heirs within the family.
On a historical note it is believed the company was the last Welsh independent bus company to use the Bell Punch ticket and rack systém of fare collection which survived until about 1976.
The livery was until its sale two tone blue and cream, although some vehicles in more recent years ran in the colours in which they were aquired with Brewers fleetnames.
David Griffiths 2006